heeb'n'vegan

"I've noticed that quite a lot of people who are prominent in the animal liberation movement are Jews. Maybe we are simply not prepared to see the powerful hurting the weak." --Peter Singer (Author, Animal Liberation)

2.12.2008

I Just Voted for Barack Obama

It's 6:10 a.m., and I just got back from voting for Sen. Barack Obama in the Virginia primary. After voting for Rep. Dennis Kucinich in the meaningless Pennsylvania primary in late April of 2004, I was very excited to vote when things are still being decided! That's why I kept waking up throughout the night and couldn't help but get to my polling place at 6 a.m. when doors opened!

As usual, heebnvegan's focus is on Judaism and animal issues. Click here to go to the Jews for Obama homepage. Obama has been supportive of animal rights, at least in a general sense. Last month, Obama was quoted as saying, "I think how we treat our animals reflects how we treat each other. And it's very important that we have a president who is mindful of the cruelty that is perpetrated on animals."

Click here to go to Barack Obama's Web site and learn more about other issues, particularly the ones that matter in a presidential election!

2 Comments:

  • At 2/12/2008 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been "fired up!" and "ready to go!" since the rally in Virginia Beach two evenings ago...before which those slogans were called out in line. My alarm got me up at 6:50am this morning (an hour earlier than usual) and rather than hitting 'snooze' once per usual, I popped up and into the shower, expecting some sort of line. Well, at 7:30...no line. So now I'm home eating a bit and checking e-mail before going to work. :)

    Vegan Jews for Barack Obama, Unite!

     
  • At 2/12/2008 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What? Obama has issues other than hype?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home